IPL Photofacial Treatment in Fort Collins
With our Candela Nordlys™ IPL treatments in Fort Collins, you can have the skin of your dreams! Using safe and effective pulsed light therapy, IPL skin treatments reduce skin imperfections such as acne and discoloration to create a smoother and brighter complexion in just a few, short sessions.
Here’s how it works: the IPL treatment (otherwise known as Intense Pulsed Light or photofacial) emits intense pulsed light wavelengths that penetrate the skin barriers to reduce discoloration, treat sun damaged skin and rosacea, clear acne, and minimize fine lines and age spots. In little to no time at all, you’ll begin to see the results of your IPL treatment. Say hello glowing skin and goodbye to heavy foundation!
IPL PHOTOFACIAL BENEFITS
- Minimizes fine lines and wrinkles through enhanced collagen production
- Clears acne by treating the root of the problem with narrow light wavelengths
- Reduces redness, birthmarks, unsightly veins, and more
- Dramatically decreases sun damage, rosacea, and facial veins, while reducing pore size and fine wrinkles
- Improves skin texture
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM YOUR IPL TREATMENT
- Downtime: skin may be pink and blotchy for up to 24-48 hours
- Recommended number of treatments: 2-3 treatments (spaced 3-4 weeks apart), maintenance of 1-2 treatments per year
- Appointments typically take 45 minutes to 1.5 hours
Typically 2-3 treatments are recommended. But you do see results after the first treatment. We typically say approximately 40% of your sun damage and/or freckles will lift and 30% of red tones with each treatment.
After your initial treatment series, we recommend regular IPL maintenance appointments for your skin once or twice a year to retain your results!
Appointments can take 45 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on the person and the scope of treatment. We recommend consulting with your Facetté Medical Spa specialist to discuss your specific photofacial needs.
Candela Nordlys™ IPL treatment is safe to use anywhere on the body! For each individual, the problem areas will vary.
Each person’s experience will differ, but the IPL treatment has often been likened to the feeling of a rubber band snapping against the skin followed by a feeling of warmth. For some, this might sting or create a slight irritation, while others say the treatment is virtually painless.