Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment (PRP)
With a platelet-rich plasma treatment, you can achieve brighter skin, natural firmness, and even hair loss restoration using one simple ingredient: blood – your blood, to be more specific.
The PRP treatment utilizes the natural growth enhancing platelets in your blood to promote healthy skin cell activity. While the platelet-rich plasma treatment method may seem unorthodox, it’s been proven to be an effective remedy for tired or dull-looking skin.
Here’s how it works: one of our professionally trained aestheticians will collect a small amount of blood prior to treatment in order to centrifuge the sample and isolate the platelets. These concentrated blood platelets are then injected into the treatment area, naturally enhancing growth and healing over time!
BENEFITS OF PLATELET-RICH PLASMA THERAPY
- Nonsurgical & non-invasive technique
- Long-lasting, permanent solutions that use the body’s natural healing process
- Lifts tired or sagging skin & fills lines, healing and regenerating the skin
- Encourages natural hair growth (ask us for details on this treatment!)
- Improves skin texture and quality within a month or two.
- Little to no downtime when you leave our Fort Collins medical spa
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Appointments take approximately 30 minutes at our medical spa in Fort Collins.
- After receiving the platelet-rich plasma treatment, you may experience mild swelling and bruising.
- Best results occur when combined with another treatment such as Virtue RF or Fractionated CO2.
Definitely! This Fort Collins medical spa treatment utilizes the body’s natural healing method in a more concentrated way in order to refresh and rejuvenate the skin. We see this happening in the body on a lower scale all the time, healing muscles and recuperating!
Between the initial blood draw and the platelet-rich plasma treatment itself, you’ll experience minimal discomfort. If you have any concerns, you can definitely speak with one of our aestheticians ahead of time and plan to use a numbing agent.
Because the platelet-rich plasma treatment uses your own body’s healing process to rejuvenate the skin, the results are beautiful and permanent!
The length of an appointment is entirely dependent on the area being treated, but often times, you can expect to be at our Fort Collins medical spa for about 30 minutes!
This treatment is great anywhere, but we tend to concentrate more on the face, neck, scalp, and chest areas.
Absolutely! While your body could potentially react to foreign skincare ingredients, that’s nearly impossible in a platelet-rich plasma treatment, given the only ingredient is your own blood.
This treatment has little to no downtime, and the results begin to appear within 4-6 weeks.